The official MediaWiki instance of the ArchWiki can be accessed online at https://wiki.archlinux.org with any web browser.
Note that some translations are hosted externally under different domain names; see Help:i18n#Languages.
MediaWiki supports full text search; see the search box at the top of the page. The limitations of this feature is that it indexes only words longer than 3 characters. If you want to search for shorter words (1 to 3 characters), a known workaround is to use Google's sitesearch feature. Enter your search items in the form and it will automatically search within ArchWiki.
Of course, you can do the same manually by appending
site:wiki.archlinux.org to Google searches:
your search terms site:wiki.archlinux.org
This works fine, but it is not live. Google indexes the ArchWiki every 1 to 3 days.
You can also use DuckDuckGo's bangs feature to directly search the Arch Wiki. After adding DuckDuckGo as the default search engine of your web browser, you can directly type something like the following in the omnibox / URL bar:
!archwiki your search terms
!aw your search terms
Every article on the ArchWiki is categorized. The categories of a page are displayed at the top. For example, this page is categorized with Category:Help. You can view the category hierarchy at the Table of contents.
Additionally, many articles directly link to related articles with a Related articles box at the top of the article.
- arch-wiki-docs — Pages from ArchWiki optimized for offline browsing.
- arch-wiki-lite — Arch-wiki-lite is designed to offer the smoothest possible experience for the poor person stuck without internet access or any way of starting a graphical web browser.
- arch-wiki-man — The ArchWiki easily accessible and searchable as man pages.
- wikiman — Offline search engine for manual pages, Arch Wiki, Gentoo Wiki and other documentation.
Alternative online viewers
- Wikicurses — A simple curses interface for MediaWiki sites such as ArchWiki or Wikipedia.