Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) is a set of computer interface specifications for an autonomous computer subsystem that provides management and monitoring capabilities independently of the host system's CPU, firmware (BIOS or UEFI) and operating system.
Arch Linux has the following IPMI-related packages:
- freeipmi — Sensor monitoring, system event monitoring, power control, and serial-over-LAN (SOL).
- openipmi — Full-function IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) system.
- ipmiutil — A simple program that lists results from the hardware detection library.
- ipmitool — Command-line interface to IPMI-enabled devices.
- ipmiview — Supermicro IPMI tool.
- ipmicfg — Supermicro IPMI configuration tool.
To update the Baseboard Management Controller firmware on Supermicro servers, you can use AUR.