Mastodon is a free, open-source social network, written in Ruby. A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust — whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.
Install the AUR package. To use the git version, install AUR.
To set up Mastodon, follow the instructions printed by the
post_install script. You can also find a copy of this on the AUR web interface.
A list of Mastodon clients is also available in the project's official website.
- Tokodon — Mastodon client for KDE.
- Whalebird — Whalebird is a Mastodon, Pleroma, and Misskey client with a Slack-like interface.
- TheDesk — Mastodon/Misskey Client for PC.
- https://thedesk.top/en || AUR
- Tuba — Another GTK Mastodon client forked from Tootle. Supports multiple accounts.
- https://tuba.geopjr.dev/ || AUR
- Sengi — Multi-account Mastodon and Pleroma desktop client.
- tut — TUI for Mastodon with vim inspired keys
- toot — Mastodon CLI and TUI
- @email@example.com, the official fediverse Arch Linux account