Python 3.6 not found problem
I need help with setting python 3.6 that way that:
- I can install packages there (with pip?)
- dr could see the python 3.6
- pycharm could debug scripts in that installation
The problem of not seen python 3.6 is discussed here:
- https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=116859#p798244 - ended up by invoking python via lua, and did not work for me
- https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=141012&p823341#p823341 - ended with working solution for windows, but unknown for linux. PYTHONHOME variable may be needed?
- https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/32458/davinci-resolve-python-3-6-not-found - solution with symlinks to pyenv. It worked for me.
I set External scripting using to Local in General settings. Installed python36 (tried both from aur and with pyenv). Then with variables RESOLVE_SCRIPT_API, RESOLVE_SCRIPT_LIB and PYTHONPATH and with /usr/bin/python3.6 interpreter, I successfully run the example script (it creates the Hello World project). Place it to the ~/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/Fusion/Scripts/Utility/example.py It appears in Workspace -> Scripts.
If I go to Workspace -> Console -> Py3, I now see there is no more error window that python 3.6 it is not found.
I tried with patched (see ) AUR and it was detected by dr. But now I am thinking that it is better with virtual environment, because I need other python libs available for scripting, and aur python packages only supposed for latest python version.
Help will be appreciated.
Docker and DR
I have found a project for dr containerization. I did not explored it yet, which benefits it gives versus normal pkgbuild repackaging. And it seems it is targetet for ubuntu and for nvidia. Probably, it may be useful somewhen, so I decided to keep it here for this link not being lost.Ashark (talk) 11:14, 6 April 2022 (UTC)