Would suggest we add this somewhere as it can really help blind users who are used to faster screen readers than the default.
If users want to increase or decrease the speed of espeak they can use the following command:
echo <NUM> > /sys/accessibility/speakup/soft/rate
Where <NUM> is a number from 1 to 10 and 10 being the fastest.
- it also can be done by pressing speakup+1 and speakup+2. however that is a speakup feature and i am not sure that we need to include speakup specific things in install procedure. Erik-pro (talk) 07:06, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- The keys they recommend are different:
spk key_1 = vol_dec spk key_2 = vol_inc spk key_3 = pitch_dec spk key_4 = pitch_inc spk key_5 = rate_dec spk key_6 = rate_inc Jdfthetech (talk) 12:26, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- After testing, the keys I listed are working if I use the CAPSLOCK for the spk key. It appears INSERT is not the default Jdfthetech (talk) 12:56, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- not sure the cause here, could be a quirk with my particular keyboard. Anyways, I can get started on a wiki for speakup. I don't want to put incorrect information in. Should I use the outdated doc I found as a jumping off point? I was thinking about just highlighting the tools most needed, in particular the keybinds I listed up top but if you think I should add info about other things just let me know. Jdfthetech (talk) 13:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- I cannot find a section on speakup in the archwiki Jdfthetech (talk) 12:26, 11 December 2020 (UTC)