Jump to navigation Jump to search
Accuracy of PAM#Examples
- Mention that nullok inverts pam_unix.so default behavoiur of not allowing blank passwords.
- Remove the claim that
- - the latter being what pam_permit.so is used for.
- And state that as is, the pam_permit.so line has no effect with this configuration due to the way pam treats an optional module.
- Technically it's used as a fallback in case no other modules has contributed to the return code. According to manual
pam_permitthe only one in this stack, hence
pam_permit's return code is used as the final result. This is a common practice to avoid being locked from the system accidentally.
- FrederickZh (talk) 20:07, 5 January 2021 (UTC)