etc-update is unmaintained
The linked Gentoo Wiki mentioned that
etc-update is unmaintained, and
dispatch-conf is meant to replace it. Has anyone tried
dispatch-conf on Arch? Does it support pac* files?--Franklin Yu (talk) 04:26, 1 March 2023 (UTC)
Locate example is incompatible with plocate
locate --existing '*.pacnew' '*.pacsave' is not going to work.
- I came across this issue as well. Is it the case that for
plocatewe have to use regular expression? This is less readable than multiple globs. --Franklin Yu (talk) 06:31, 23 May 2023 (UTC)
- This seems to be a breaking change from :
locate reads one or more databases prepared by updatedb(8) and writes file names matching at least one of the PATTERNs to standard output, one per line.
- It also seems incompatible with GNU locate, and possibly BSD locate.
- Regular expression would work, but it sounds like it cancels the advantages of plocate over mlocate:
Patterns are taken to be POSIX basic regular expressions. See regex(7) for more information. Note that this forces a linear scan through the entire database, which is slow.
- Could it be that just running plocate twice would the fastest alternative?
$ plocate --existing '*.pacnew'
$ plocate --existing '*.pacsave'
- --Aude (talk) 03:17, 30 May 2023 (UTC)
Merge sudoer files
Most files can be merged with
/etc/sudoers are supposed to be edited via
visudo. Is there any way to merge
/etc/sudoers.pacnew reliably? Franklin Yu (talk) 05:16, 5 October 2023 (UTC)