Possible Updated Installation Procedure
I don't feel comfortable editing the Wiki page, even though it's wholly outdated and basically useless for installing a working version of this app. There's a lot of side info and what-not that may be useful and/or relevant to someone, somewhere, sometime. But, I worked through an install of Redmine and this is the working procedure I've found using the redmine package.
This assumes that you have a working webserver (tested good apache-2.4.41-1) and a working Mysql database server (tested good mariadb-10.4.12-1) with root access.
Note: This procedure functions 98% with the latest official packages in the repositories. I have found a bug (https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65548) which requires downgrading from ruby 2.7 to ruby 2.6. The best option would of course be using something like RVM or rbenv. That is beyond the scope of this particular procedure.
- Install redmine passenger mod_passenger
pacman -Syu redmine passenger mod_passenger
- create database
# mysql -u root -p
CREATE DATABASE redmine CHARACTER SET UTF8; CREATE USER 'redmine'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'my_password'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON redmine.* TO 'redmine'@'localhost';
- Navigate to default application dir: /usr/share/webapps/redmine
- Copy config/database.yml.example to config/database.yml
- edit config/database.yml and insert correct details
production: adapter: mysql2 database: redmine host: localhost username: redmine password: my_password encoding: utf8
- run bundler to install gems (Installing without development or test deps)
bundler install --without development test
- Generate the secret token for session store
bundle exec rake generate_secret_token
- Create the Database Structure
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake db:migrate
- Populate Database with Default Data
RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake redmine:load_default_data
- Drop the following into /etc/httpd/conf/extra/redmine.conf
LoadModule passenger_module /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_passenger.so PassengerRoot /usr/lib/passenger PassengerRuby /usr/bin/ruby alias /redmine /usr/share/webapps/redmine/public <Location /redmine> PassengerBaseURI /redmine PassengerAppRoot /usr/share/webapps/redmine </Location> <Directory /usr/share/webapps/redmine/public> Allow from all AllowOverride All Options -MultiViews Require all granted </Directory>
- Add an Include directive for the above file in the httpd config file.
... # Other Include Statements ... Include conf/extra/redmine.conf
- Reload the apache webserver and navigate to http://your.domain.com/redmine