Can someone suggest a good airplay client for Linux that works well with shairport?
—This unsigned comment is by Minxu (talk) 19:33, 24 October 2017. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I think PulseAudio can directly stream to AirPlay devices.
- Install pulseaudio-zeroconf, paprefs and pavucontrol.
- Open paprefs and check "Make discoverable Apple AirTunes sound devices available locally".
- Open pavucontrol and the AirPlay device should show up in output devices.
- I haven't tried this in a while so I'm not sure it still works. Lonaowna (talk) 18:55, 24 October 2017 (UTC)