Twister is an experimental peer-to-peer microblogging software.
TheAUR package and the AUR html interface are available in the AUR.
First Time Setup
This will by default load both the twister-core daemon, and the twister-html gui.
- Go to http://user:firstname.lastname@example.org:28332/home.html. If authentication window pops up enter "user" and "pwd"
- Go to the Network tab and wait until the daemon downloads the entire blockchain.
- Go to the Login tab and create a new user.
- Wait a few seconds for the daemon to calculate the Proof-Of-Work to propagate your registration.
- You’ll be redirected to the Edit Profile tab. Choose your avatar, name, location etc.
- Wait a few minutes until your registration is accepted into a new block. The “Save” button will be disabled in the meantime.
- Your account is ready.
IMPORTANT: save your secret key (this is the only way to “authorize”, there is no send me pwd by mail, …)
Search users to follow, send new posts etc.
A great way for others to find you is by using tags, e.g. write a msg like: Hello #twister community!
Switch to the network tab and wait for the complete download of the blockchain. Go to the 'setup account' tab and create a new user. Wait for your registration to be finished. Edit your profile. Your profile will be set in a new block, so wait for the 'save' button to appear.
The next time you enter the page press **Login** and choose your newly created user to login.
The twister-html aur package contains a web based gui interface, which can be accessed at http://127.0.0.1:28332/home.html. This interface allows full configuration of Twister, and can be used to create and read posts.
Twisterd comes with a command line based utility, that can be used run and configure twister. However, this interface is an overlay on the JSON-RPC interface, and therefore is mostly useful for debugging and development. See the following page for the full documentation of this interface http://twister.net.co/?page_id=58.