"Quake is a first-person shooter video game, developed and published by Id Software in 1996. In the game, players must find their way through various maze-like, medieval environments while battling a variety of monsters using a wide array of weapons."wikipedia:Quake_(video_game)
You need both game engine and data files in order to play. There are several packages available for Arch Linux.
- Darkplaces — Advanced Quake 1 game engine
- fitzquake — Another modern Quake1 engine port
- ezQuake — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps. The popular, modern and maintained Quake/QuakeWorld client. Manual post-installation setup required. Can play on-line for free.
- nQuake — Fast paced multiplayer FPS focusing on movement and trick jumps. This is the popular Quake / QuakeWorld package, including ezQuake client, 24bit textures, maps, bots and more. Automatic post-installation set up. Can play on-line for free.
- oqplus — Free content replacement project for Quake 1
- Quake Revitalization Project — High quality textures for Quake
- http://qrp.quakeone.com/ || AUR