Jump to navigation Jump to search
According to Wikipedia:
- vi is a screen-oriented text editor originally created for the Unix operating system. The portable subset of the behavior of vi and programs based on it, and the ex editor language supported within these programs, is described by (and thus standardized by) the Single Unix Specification and POSIX.
Install the package.
The key bindings and modes of vi have been recreated in various other software:
- text editors, the most popular of which being Vim
- file managers like ranger and Vifm
- the Readline input library (used by Bash)
- shells like Zsh
- web browsers like Luakit, qutebrowser or ; for Firefox and Chromium there are browser extensions available.
- most tiling window managers can be configured for vi-style control