What is agent?
- I stumbled upon the same omission - while I did succeed to follow the CLI-based installation instructions, I still don't know "What is that 'agent', and what is it good for?"
Also, the messages from the software regarding the "controller" disconnecting where somewhat irritating - but since everything works fine I guess that is just a strange way of logging some software interface activity. --Lvml (talk) 16:22, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Deprecation of hciconfig
- Feel free to go ahead. Until then see the note in Bluetooth#Installation. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 07:54, 8 March 2017 (UTC)
- I just ran into issues because of that as well, so I totally agree with that. Unfortunately, I can't find the time in doing that myself. --LukeLR (talk) 23:32, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
This seems to be the same problem: https://communities.intel.com/thread/112230 They use the same workaround as I proposed
Copy Paired devices from Windows is explained here:  This prevents the constant re-pairing of devices.
Should this info be included in the DualBoot Section?
Merging general setup from Keyboard, Mouse, Headset pages
Bluetooth_mouse, Bluetooth_keyboard, and Bluetooth_headset all contain duplicate info about general bluez5 installation, pairing, connections, and troubleshooting. I'd like to merge all the general info into this Bluetooth page. Then the [mouse|keyboard|headset] pages can expand on any device-specific setup/troubleshooting, which seems to be the original intent. Any objections? Thesqueakychair (talk) 17:05, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- This sounds very good and should make the whole topic much clearer. Remggo (talk) 09:49, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Should we start a Bluetooth adapters page listing USB Bluetooth adapters confirmed to work with Linux?
We could add a note to the Bluetooth intro asking readers to contribute to it.
- I'm very sceptical about the purpose of such lists, see also . Basically if you're trying to find out if some device will work or not, it is almost certain that you'll find either that it works absolutely fine (which can be assumed if you hadn't found anything) or that it had some problems with an older version of something (which doesn't answer your question). -- Lahwaacz (talk) 07:38, 29 August 2018 (UTC)
- Another source for working adapters is Gentoo's Bluetooth headset wiki. It addition to "working" "not working" it shows which components of a Bluetooth headset are working with a Bluez version and notes columns. — Neurognostic (talk) 03:19, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
Since Bluez 5.50-5 the permission configuration file "bluetooth.conf" was moved from /etc/dbus-1/system.d to /usr/share/dbus-1/system.d
I was struggling with my broadcom Bluetooth device until I found this https://github.com/winterheart/broadcom-bt-firmware . And no one in wiki ever told me that there is an easy fix. Can I add it to this article? —This unsigned comment is by Forcharc (talk) 03:31, 5 December 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!