New Paragraph?: Youtube HTML5 Support
The MediaSource extensions on Firefox/Linux seem not to be fully supported yet and thus YouTube will only play 720p/30fps videos. This seems to be a Linux specific problem. However a workaround exist. Look here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/661558/in-youtube-there-are-just-360p-and-720p-options-no-240p-480p-and-1080p (especially the last part of the accepted answer). Also although H.264 is fully supported you still need to install "gst-libav".
Maybe someone should extend the troubleshooting section by a paragraph with this workaround as missing full YouTube support is probably a very common problem. --Scindix (talk) 22:12, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
This one is related, but it's not the same: Firefox_tweaks#WebM_and_Youtube
By the way: what's the difference between Firefox_tweaks and Firefox#Troubleshooting? Maybe they should be merged. --Scindix (talk) 22:15, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- I guess this is why Firefox_tweaks#Enable_additional_media_codecs is marked as incomplete. Feel free to expand the table. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 07:13, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
possible to note (somewhere around Open-with extension) that video playback can be handled via a window manager key binding or shortcut like
bindsym $mod+m exec mpv -- $(sselp) for i3wm or similar Ubone (talk) 05:11, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
Dictionaries for spell checking
I'm using Firefox stable version (61.0-1) and it no longer creates symbolic links to the system dictionaries.
Now it uses this about:config key: "spellchecker.dictionary_path"
—This unsigned comment is by J1simon (talk) 14:27, 27 June 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Screenshot of webpage
- no need to list every possible way
Why not? They're not the same, moz://a might remove the new one, it may not work for someone, etc. ― Ubone (talk) 10:04, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- Mozilla won't remove the main way, there is no reason it shouldn't work, the developer toolbar will be removed in Firefox 62. --Larivact (talk) 11:58, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- ok that explains the removal but was there really a need for the rewrite? ― Ubone (talk) 13:04, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- The previous version was alright, I just made some slight improvements, like dropping irrelevant info ("Firefox 57", "Page actions") and elaborating why the Save button is misleading. --Larivact (talk) 13:51, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- I can't call it an improvement when the reading entropy has increased. ― Ubone (talk) 14:52, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- How so? --Larivact (talk) 15:21, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- It's repetitive and unclear. ― Ubone (talk) 15:56, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed it. --Larivact (talk) 16:33, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- Please do not silently revert my edits without stating a reason. I thought I addressed your concern. --Larivact (talk) 10:46, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- no not really, but respected your addition and it is there ― Ubone (talk) 11:00, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- The last sentence wrongly implies that the above method doesn't work when you block HTML canvas.
about:config?filter=privacy.resistFingerprinting ― Ubone (talk) 06:44, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- You're right that does break it, contrary to #1412961 being marked as fixed. --Larivact (talk) 06:54, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- please abstain from rewording ― Ubone (talk) 06:59, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, I just did. --Larivact (talk) 07:06, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- special:diff/536510 Enabling
privacy.resistFingerprinting does not break screen shooting but it does require per site confirmation, you might want to think more ― Ubone (talk) 07:18, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- On my system it breaks; please be a bit more respectful. --Larivact (talk) 07:23, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- as i already wrote, it breaks on all systems and is unbroken on per site basis, also please don't accuse me of being not respectful in the same thread you gave me a middle finger just 17 minutes prior ― Ubone (talk) 07:30, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- and to be clear this wasn't an offence but an observation ― Ubone (talk) 07:38, 21 August 2018 (UTC)
- I deselected Always remember my decision in the prompt which breaks screen shooting. I didn't intentionally neglect you, I just missed your message. --Larivact (talk) 08:20, 21 August 2018 (UTC)