Install the package.
Warning: The default configuration listens on
*:3000so make sure to change the configuration or enable the relevant firewall rules.
In case of scaleable server monitoring in combination with Grafana and InfluxDB, one could choose software likeAUR. More generally any measurement data can be aggregated with InfluxDB and displayed with Grafana. There are modules and libraries for several programming languages to interact with InfluxDB and one could even store data with a simple http post command using the program .
Herefore, create a database named
$ curl -G http://localhost:8086/query --data-urlencode "q=CREATE DATABASE example"
Post data into the
$ curl -i -XPOST 'http://localhost:8086/write?db=example' --data-binary 'cpu_load_short,host=server01,region=us-west value=0.64 1434055562000000000'
Creating Grafana dashboard
- Before creating a dashboard, we have to add a data source. So first click on Data sources in the left menu and then on Add new.
- Name can be something like
influxdband the type should be set to
InfluxDB 0.9. In this example, the URL for the HTTP settings is
http://localhost:8086. Note that the port is not the same as the one of the web interface! Database name corresponds to the one earlier chosen, e.g.
example. If not changed, username and password are
- Click on Test connection to see everything is working and then on Save.
- Next, back at the front page, click Home in the left-upper corner and then on New.
- Now this might be a bit counter-intuitive, but to add a new dashboard you have to hover and click over the little green box on the left side and then, for example, choose: Add panel and Graph.
- Click on the title of the new graph and select Edit.
- In the graph settings in Metrics choose
influxdbas data source in the lower-right corner.
- Create a query by selecting your aggregated data. Click on select measurement which is located beside FROM. In the drop-down menu should appear a list of "tables" in your database, e.g. the table named
localhost. If no suggestions comes up, your connection to InfluxDB might be broken or no data has been aggregated yet.
- Beside the bold text SELECT click on value and choose for example the measurement data
- To save changes, click Back to dashboard, then the floppy disc icon.