List of applications (Português)/Documents (Português)
Documentos e textos
Editores de texto
See also Wikipedia:Comparison of text editors.
Some of the lighter-weight Integrated development environments can also serve as text editors.
- dte — Small, easy to use editor with multi-tabbed interface, syntax highlighting, ctags navigation, etc.
- e3 — Tiny editor without dependencies, written in assembly.
- ee — Classic curse-based text editor. Born in HP-UX, used in FreeBSD.
- JED — Text editor that makes extensive use of the S-Lang library. Includes a console version (jed) and an X-window version (xjed).
- http://jedsoft.org/jed/ || AUR
- JOE (Joe's Own Editor) — Terminal-based text editor designed to be easy to use.
- mcedit — Useful text editor that comes with Midnight Commander file manager.
- micro — Modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor, written in go and extensible through plugins.
- Minimum Profit — Text editor for programmers.
- nano — Console text editor based on pico with on-screen key bindings help.
- ne — Minimalist text editor with Windows-like key-bindings.
- http://ne.di.unimi.it/ || AUR
- slap — Sublime-like terminal-based text editor.
- Tilde — Intuitive text editor with Windows-like key bindings.
- https://os.ghalkes.nl/tilde/ || AUR
- Acme — Minimalist and flexible programming environment developed by Rob Pike for the Plan 9 operating system.
- Adie — Fast and convenient programming text editor.
- Atom — Promising text editor developed by GitHub. With support for plug-ins written in Node.js and embedded Git Control.
- Beaver — GTK editor designed to be modular, lightweight and stylish.
- https://brackets.io/ || AUR
- Deepin Editor — Simple text editor for Deepin desktop.
- Ecrire — Simple text editor based on EFL.
- Editra — Text editor with an implementation that focuses on creating an easy to use interface and features that aid in code development.
- http://editra.org/ || AUR
- Enki — Text editor for programmers.
- http://enki-editor.org/ || AUR
- FeatherPad — Minimal Qt5 plain text editor featuring a native dark theme and support for tabs, printing and syntax highlighting.
- FLTK Editor — Simple text editor application for FLTK.
- https://www.fltk.org/ || AUR
- gedit — GTK editor for the GNOME desktop with syntax highlighting, automatic indentation, matching brackets, etc., and a number of add-ons to increase functionality.
- Gobby — Collaborative editor supporting multiple documents in one session and a multi-user chat.
- Howl — General purpose, fast and lightweight editor with a keyboard-centric minimalistic user interface.
- jEdit — Text editor for programmers, written in Java.
- http://www.jedit.org/ || AUR
- JuffEd — Simple tabbed text editor with syntax highlighting, written in Qt.
- Kate — Full-featured programmer's editor for the KDE desktop with MDI and a filesystem browser.
- KWrite — Lightweight text editor for the KDE desktop that uses the same editor widget as Kate.
- L3afpad — Simple text editor forked from Leafpad, supports GTK 3.
- Leafpad — Notepad clone for GTK that emphasizes simplicity.
- Light Table — Next generation code editor that connects you to your creation with instant feedback.
- http://lighttable.com/ || AUR or AUR
- Liri Text — Text editor for Liri.
- medit — Programming and around-programming text editor.
- Mousepad — Fast text editor for the Xfce Desktop Environment.
- NEdit — Text editor for the Motif environment.
- NFO Viewer — Simple viewer for NFO files.
- Notepadqq — Qt-based, Notepad++-like text editor with support for syntax highlighting for more than 100 languages.
- Pantheon Code — Code editor for elementaryOS. It auto-saves your files, meaning they're always up-to-date. Plus it remembers your tabs so you never lose your spot, even in between sessions.
- Pluma — Powerful text editor for MATE.
- QSciTE — Qt clone of the SciTE text and code editor.
- Sam — Minimalist text editor with a graphical user interface, a very powerful command language and remote editing capabilities, developed by Rob Pike.
- http://sam.cat-v.org || or
- SciTE — Generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs.
- Scribes — Ultra minimalist text editor that combines simplicity with power.
- Sublime Text — Proprietary C++ and Python-based editor with many advanced features and plugins while staying lightweight and pretty.
- https://www.sublimetext.com/ || version 3: AUR, version 2: AUR
- Tau — Minimal GTK front end to the xi editor core written in Rust.
- TEA — Qt-based feature rich text editor.
- Textadept — Lua-extensible feature rich text editor based on Scintilla and written in C.
- Textosaurus — Simple cross-platform text editor based on Qt and QScintilla.
- Visual Studio Code — Editor for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
- xed — Text editor based on Pluma developed for Linux Mint.
- XEdit — Simple text editor for the X Window System.
- wxMEdit — Text/Hex editor written in C++ and wxWidgets.
- https://wxmedit.github.io/ || AUR
Editores de texto no estilo Emacs
- Emacs — The extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time display editor by GNU.
- https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html || with GUI: , without GUI:
- mg — Small, fast, and portable Emacs-like editor.
- MicroEmacs — Ncurses-based text editor.
- vile — Lightweight Emacs clone with vi-like key bindings.
- Zile — Lightweight Emacs clone.
Editores de texto no estilo Vi
- Amp — Text editor written in Rust, that aims to take the core interaction model of Vim, simplify it, and bundle in the essential features required for a modern text editor.
- https://amp.rs/ || AUR
- Kakoune — Modal editor. Fewer keystrokes. Selection based, multi-cursor editing. Orthogonal design.
- Neovim — Vim's rebirth for the 21st century.
- vi — The original ex/vi text editor.
- Vim (Vi IMproved) — Advanced text editor that seeks to provide the power of the de-facto Unix editor 'vi', with a more complete feature set.
- https://www.vim.org/ || with GUI: , without GUI:
- Vis — Modern, legacy free, simple yet efficient vim-like editor.
Suítes de escritório
See also Wikipedia:Comparison of office suites.
- Calligra — Actively developed fork of KOffice, the KDE office suite. It offers most of the features of OpenOffice while also having versions for smartphones (Calligra Mobile) and tablets (Calligra Active).
- LibreOffice — The office productivity suite compatible to the open and standardized ODF document format. Fork of OpenOffice, supported by The Document Foundation.
- OnlyOffice — Proprietary office suite that combines text, spreadsheet and presentation editors.
- https://www.onlyoffice.com/ || AUR
- OpenOffice — Open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more, under the Apache Licence.
- SoftMaker Office — Complete, reliable, lightning-fast and Microsoft Office-compatible proprietary office suite with a word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics software.
- https://www.freeoffice.com/ || AUR
- WPS Office — Proprietary office productivity suite, previously known as Kingsoft Office.
- https://www.wps.com/ || AUR
Processadores de texto
See also Wikipedia:Comparison of word processors.
- AbiWord — Full-featured word processor.
- Calligra Words — Powerful word processor included in the Calligra Suite.
- LibreOffice Writer — Full-featured word processor included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice Writer — Full-featured word processor included in the OpenOffice suite.
- Ted — Easy to use GTK-based rich text processor (with footnote support).
- https://nllgg.nl/Ted/ || AUR
- WordGrinder — Word processor for the console.
Editores HTML WYSIWYG
- BlueGriffon — WYSIWYG content editor for the World Wide Web.
- SeaMonkey Composer — Powerful yet simple HTML editor included in the SeaMonkey suite.
Publicação no computador
- gLabels — Program for creating labels, business cards and media covers.
- Scribus — Desktop publishing program.
- Calligra Stage — Easy to use yet still flexible presentation application included in the Calligra Suite.
- LibreOffice Impress — Presentation program included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice Impress — Presentation program included in the OpenOffice suite.
- Sozi — Zooming presentation editor and player. Based on the Electron platform.
- https://sozi.baierouge.fr/ || AUR
- Spice-Up — Create simple and beautiful presentations.
- sent — Simple plaintext presentation tool.
- Calligra Sheets — Powerful spreadsheet application included in the Calligra Suite.
- Gnumeric — Spreadsheet program for the GNOME desktop.
- LibreOffice Calc — Full-featured spreadsheet application included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice Calc — Full-featured spreadsheet application included in the OpenOffice suite.
- Pyspread — Pyspread is a non-traditional spreadsheet application that is based on and written in the programming language Python.
- sc — Curses-based lightweight spreadsheet.
- sc-im — Spreadsheet program based on sc.
Ferramentas de banco de dados
For DBMS-specific tools, see:
See also Wikipedia:Comparison of database tools.
- Adminer — Full-featured database management webapp with support for many database types.
- https://www.adminer.org/ || AUR
- DBeaver — Java-based graphical database editor with support for many database types.
- GdaBrowser — Graphical tool to get a quick access to a database's structure and contents.
- GSQL — Integrated database development tool for GNOME. Last release 2010.
- http://gsql.org/ || AUR
- Kexi — Visual database applications creator tool by KDE, designed to fill the gap between spreadsheets and database solutions requiring more sophisticated development.
- LibreOffice Base — Full-featured desktop database front end included in the LibreOffice suite, designed to meet the needs of a broad array of users.
- OpenOffice Base — Full-featured desktop database front end included in the OpenOffice suite, designed to meet the needs of a broad array of users.
- Orbada — Excellent tool for database developers, SQL developers, DBA administrators, as well as for users who wish to broaden their knowledge and skills in SQL.
- Sequeler — SQL client built in Vala and Gtk. It allows you to connect to your local and remote databases, write SQL in a handy text editor with language recognition, and visualize SELECT results in a Gtk.Grid Widget.
- SQuirreL SQL Client — Graphical Java program that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands etc.
- http://www.squirrelsql.org/ || AUR
- TOra — Database management GUI that supports accessing most of the common database platforms in use, including Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL, as well as limited support for any target that can be accessed through Qt's ODBC support.
Softwares simplificados de banco de dados
- Glom — Easy-to-use database designer and user interface.
- Symphytum — Personal database software for everyone who desires to manage and organize data in an easy and intuitive way, without having to study complex database languages and software user interfaces.
Editores de fórmula
- LibreOffice Math — Create and edit scientific formulas and equations. Included in the LibreOffice suite.
- OpenOffice Math — Create equations and formulas for your documents. Included in the OpenOffice suite.
Linguagens de marcação
- Sphinx — A documentation generation system using reStructuredText to generate output in multiple formats (primary documentation system for the Python project).
- txt2tags — Dead-simple, KISS-compliant lightweight, human-readable markup language to produce rich format content out of plain text files.
See also Wikipedia:AsciiDoc.
- AsciiDoc — The original implementation, written in Python. Used by Arch for generating pacman's man pages..
- Asciidoctor — An implementation written in Ruby, with many extra features.
- Discount — A Markdown implementation written in C.
- https://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/discount/ || , Ruby wrapper library:
- lowdown — Markdown translator producing HTML5 and roff documents in the ms and man formats.
- Marked — Markdown parser and compiler built for speed.
- Pandoc also supports Markdown.
- CommonMark-py — Python parser for the CommonMark Markdown specification.
- M2R — Markdown to reStructuredText converter.
- https://github.com/miyakogi/m2r || , AUR
- Mistune — The fastest markdown parser in pure Python with renderer feature.
- https://github.com/lepture/mistune || , AUR
- Python-Markdown — Extensible Python implementation of John Gruber's Markdown.
- kramdown — Fast, pure Ruby Markdown superset converter, using a strict syntax definition.
- Maruku — Pure Ruby Markdown-superset interpreter.
Editores de Markdown
- Abricotine — Markdown editor built for desktop. Based on the Electron platform.
- https://abricotine.brrd.fr/ || AUR
- CuteMarkEd — Qt-based Markdown editor with live HTML preview, math expressions, code and markdown syntax highlighting.
- EME — Elegant Markdown Editor. Based on the Electron platform.
- ghostwriter — Distraction-free Markdown editor.
- Marker — Simple yet robust Markdown editor.
- MarkMyWords — Minimal markdown editor.
- Mark Text — Next generation markdown editor. Based on the Electron platform.
- Moeditor — Your all-purpose markdown editor. Based on the Electron platform.
- Remarkable — Fully featured Markdown editor.
- ReText — Simple text editor for Markdown and reStructuredText.
- UberWriter — Elegant, free distraction GTK Markdown editor.
- http://uberwriter.github.io/uberwriter/[link inativo 2020-03-30 ⓘ] || AUR[link quebrado: package not found]
- Typora — Typora will give you a seamless experience as both a reader and a writer.
- https://typora.io/ || AUR
- groff — GNU implementation of troff, a heirloom Unix document processing system and the default formatter for man pages.
- Lout — A lightware document formatting system. Reads a high-level description of a document similar in style to LaTeX and produces a PostScript.
- SILE — Modern typesetting system inspired by TeX.
- TeX — A high-quality typesetting system popular in academia.
With TeX, LaTeX and friends, creation of any scientific document, article, journal, etc. is made commonplace.
- AUCTeX — Together with RefTex, AUCTeX provices an extensible environment for writing and formatting TeX files in Emacs.
- gedit LaTeX Plugin — Add code-completion to gedit and allows for compiling LaTeX documents and managing BibTeX bibliographies.
- GNOME LaTeX — LaTeX editor for the GNOME Desktop including support for code completion, compiling and project management.
- Gummi — Lightweight TeX/LaTeX GTK-based editor. It features a continuous preview mode, integrated BibTeX support, extendable snippet interface and multi-document support.
- Kile — User-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop with many features.
- Ktikz — Small application helping you to create PGF/TikZ diagrams for your publications.
- LyX — Document processor that encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents (WYSIWYM) and not simply their appearance (WYSIWYG).
- TeXmacs — WYSIWYW (what you see is what you want) editing platform with special features for scientists.
- Texmaker — Cross-platform, light and easy-to-use LaTeX IDE. It integrates many tools needed to develop documents with LaTeX, in just one application
- TeXstudio — Fork of TeXMaker including support for code completion of bibtex items, grammar check and automatic detection of the need for multiple LaTeX runs.
- TeXworks — Simple TeX front-end program modeled after TeXShop.
- TikZiT — Graphical tool for rapidly creating graphs and diagrams using PGF/TikZ.
- https://tikzit.github.io/ || AUR
- Vim-LaTeX-suite — Customizable LaTeX environment for Vim.
Editores de fórmulas TeX
- EqualX — LaTeX equation editor with real time preview.
- KLatexFormula — GUI for generating images from LaTeX equations.
- LibreOffice TexMaths extension — LaTeX equation editor for LibreOffice.
See also Wikipedia:Comparison of XML editors.
- QXmlEdit — Simple Qt XML editor and XSD viewer.
- XML Copy Editor — Fast, validating XML editor.
- XML Tree Editor — Displays XML files as tree views and allows basic operations: adding, editing and deleting text nodes and their attributes.
Conversores de documentos
- Antiword — MS Word to text converter.
- catdoc — Converter for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and RTF files to text.
- mutool — All purpose tool based on MuPDF for dealing with document files in various manners.
- Pandoc — Swiss-army knife for converting markup and document formats.
- https://pandoc.org/ || , AUR
- unoconv — Libreoffice-based document converter.
- UnRTF — Command-line program which converts RTF documents to other formats.
Gerenciadores de referência bibliográfica
- Bibus — A bibliographic database that can directly insert references in OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice and generate the bibliographic index.
- DocEar — Docear is an academic literature suite for searching, organizing and creating academic literature, built upon the mind mapping software Freeplane and the reference manager JabRef.
- https://www.docear.org || AUR
- JabRef — Java GUI frontend for managing BibTeX and other bibliographies.
- https://www.jabref.org/ || AUR
- KBibTeX — BibTeX editor by KDE to edit bibliographies used with LaTeX.
- Mendeley Desktop — Proprietary reference manager and academic social network.
- https://www.mendeley.com/ || AUR
- Pybliographer — Tool for managing bibliographic databases.
- https://pybliographer.org/ || AUR
- Referencer — GNOME application to organize documents or references, and ultimately generate a BibTeX bibliography file.
- Zotero — An easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources. Can import and export BibTeX and has browser extensions.
- https://www.zotero.org/ || AUR
Leitores e visualizadores
PDF e DjVu
See PDF, PS and DjVu.
- Bookworm — Simple, focused e-book reader for Elementary OS with EPUB, PDF, Mobipocket and Comicbook support.
- Calibre — E-book library management application that can also edit EPUB files, convert between different formats and sync with a variety of e-book readers. Supported formats include CHM, Comicbook, DjVu, DOCX, EPUB, FictionBook, HTML, HTMLZ, Kindle, LIT, LRF, Mobipocket, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT and TXTZ.
- Cool Reader — E-book viewer with many supported formats such as EPUB (non-DRM), FictionBook, TXT, RTF, HTML, CHM and TCR.
- FBReader — E-book viewer with many supported formats such as EPUB, FictionBook, HTML, plucker, PalmDoc, zTxt, TCR, CHM, RTF, OEB, Mobipocket (non-DRM) and TXT.
- Foliate — Simple and modern GTK eBook reader.
- GNOME Books — E-book manager application for GNOME with EPUB, Mobipocket, FictionBook, DjVu and Comicbook support.
- Lector — Qt based e-book reader with PDF, EPUB, Kindle, Mobipocket and Comicbook support.
- Sigil — WYSIWYG EPUB e-book editor.
História em quadrinhos
- Buoh — Online strips comics reader for GNOME.
- MComix — GTK2 image viewer specifically designed to handle comic book archives (fork of Comix). Also includes library manager.
- MComix-GTK3 — GTK3 image viewer specifically designed to handle comic book archives (unmerged patch for MComix). Works well on hidpi screens. Also includes library manager.
- Peruse — Comic book reader by KDE.
- https://peruse.kde.org/ || AUR
- QComicBook — Viewer for comic book archives that aims at convenience and simplicity.
- YACReader — Comic book viewer written in C++ and Qt5. Comes with YACReaderLibrary for managing comics.
- https://yacreader.com/ || AUR
See also Wikipedia:Microsoft Compiled HTML Help.
- Archmage — Extensible reader and decompiler for files in the CHM format.
- Kchmviewer — Qt-based CHM viewer that uses chmlib and borrows some ideas from xchm. It does not depend on KDE, but it can be compiled to integrate with it.
- xCHM — Lightweight CHM viewer, based on chmlib.
Gerenciadores de documentos
- GNOME Documents — Document manager application for GNOME with PDF, DVI, XPS, PostScript, Microsoft Office, LibreOffice and Google Docs support.
- Paperwork — Personal document manager. It manages scanned documents and PDFs.
Softwares de digitalização
- Scan Tailor — Interactive post-processing tool for scanned pages.
Softwares de OCR
- CuneiForm — Command line OCR system originally developed and open sourced by Cognitive technologies. Supported languages: eng, ger, fra, rus, swe, spa, ita, ruseng, ukr, srp, hrv, pol, dan, por, dut, cze, rum, hun, bul, slo, lav, lit, est, tur.
- GOCR — OCR engine which also supports barcode recognition.
- Ocrad — OCR program based on a feature extraction method.
- OCRopus — OCR platform, modules exist for document layout analysis, OCR engines (it can use Tesseract or its own engine), natural language modeling, etc.
- Tesseract — Accurate open source OCR engine. Package splitted, you need install some datafiles for each language ( for example).
- gImageReader — Graphical GTK/Qt frontend to Tesseract.
- https://github.com/manisandro/gImageReader || GTK: , Qt:
- gscan2pdf — Scans, runs an OCR engine, minor post-processing, creates a document.
- Linux-Intelligent-Ocr-Solution — Easy-OCR solution and Tesseract trainer for converting print into text using either scanner or a camera.
- OCRFeeder — Python GUI for Gnome which performs document analysis and rendition, and can use either CuneiForm, GOCR, Ocrad or Tesseract as OCR engines. It can import from PDF or image files, and export to HTML or OpenDocument.
- Paperwork — Personal document manager. It manages scanned documents and PDFs.
- YAGF — Graphical interface for the CuneiForm text recognition program on the Linux platform.
Softwares para anotações
- Geeknote — Command line client for Evernote.
- http://geeknote.me/ || AUR
- hierarchical notebook — Program to organize many kinds of data (addresses, to-do lists, ideas, book reviews, etc.) in one place using the XML format.
- http://hnb.sourceforge.net/ || AUR
- https://orgmode.org/ || AUR
- pynote — Manage notes on the commandline.
- https://github.com/rumpelsepp/pynote[link inativo 2020-03-30 ⓘ] || AUR[link quebrado: package not found]
- tnote — Small note taking program for the terminal.
- Vimwiki — Personal wiki for Vim – interlinked, plain text files written in a markup language.
- https://vimwiki.github.io/ || AUR
- BasKet — Application for organizing, sharing, and taking notes. It can manage various types of information such as to-do lists, links, pictures, and other types, similar to a scrapbook.
- Boostnote — Note-taking application for programmers that focuses on markdown, snippets, and customizability. Based on the Electron platform.
- https://boostnote.io/ || AUR
- Cherrytree — Hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
- Elephant — Notetaker with a classic interface.
- FromScratch — Simple but smart note-taking application that you can use as a quick note taking or todo app. Based on the Electron platform.
- https://fromscratch.rocks/ || AUR
- GNOME Notes — Note editor for GNOME designed to remain simple to use.
- Gnote — Port of Tomboy to C++. It is the same note taking application, including most of the add-ins.
- Joplin — Note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organized into notebooks. Based on the Electron platform.
- KeepNote — Cross-platform GTK note-taking application with rich text formatting.
- http://keepnote.org || AUR
- KJots — Note taking application for KDE.
- https://laverna.cc/ || AUR
- MicroPad — Non-linear note taking app, similar to OneNote.
- https://getmicropad.com || AUR
- Mikidown — Note taking application featuring markdown syntax.
- MyNotex — Note-taking, document file and activity manager.
- Nextcloud Notes — Simple notes app for Nextcloud.
- NixNote — Helps you take notes and stay organized. Create text notes, attach files or images, and even synchronize with Evernote. Formerly called Nevernote.
- http://nixnote.org/ || AUR
- Notes — Note-taking application, write down your thoughts.
- NotesTree — Note taking application, which organizes notes in a hierarchical (tree like) structure.
- https://bitbucket.org/baltic/notestree/overview[link inativo 2021-05-17 ⓘ] || AUR[link quebrado: package not found]
- Notes-Up — Markdown notes editor and manager for elementaryOS.
- nvPY — Simplenote syncing note-taking application, inspired by Notational Velocity and ResophNotes, but uglier and cross-platformerer.
- OutWiker — Store notes in a tree.
- QOwnNotes — Notepad and todo list manager with markdown support and optional ownCloud integration built on Qt5.
- https://www.qownnotes.org/ || AUR
- Renku — Note taking application based on Akonadi.
- https://simplenote.com/ || AUR
- Standard Notes — Simple and private notes application which focuses on simplicity, and encrypts data locally before it ever touches a cloud. Based on the Electron platform.
- TagSpaces — Offline personal data manager for managing of your local files. Based on the Electron platform.
- https://www.tagspaces.org/ || AUR AUR
- TiddlyWiki — Unique non-linear notebook for capturing, organizing and sharing complex information.
- https://tiddlywiki.com/ || AUR
- Tomboy — Desktop note-taking application for Linux and Unix with a wiki-like linking system to connect notes together.
- TreeLine — Store almost any kind of information in a tree structure, which makes it easy to keep things organized.
- https://treeline.bellz.org/ || AUR
- TuxCards — Hierarchical notebook to enter and manage ever every kind of notes and ideas in a structured manner.
- VNote — Vim-inspired note-taking application that knows programmers and Markdown better.
- WikidPad — Wiki-like notebook for storing your thoughts, ideas, todo lists, contacts, or anything else you can think of to write down.
- WizNote — Cloud based note-taking client.
- Zim — WYSIWYG text editor that aims at bringing the concept of a wiki to the desktop.
- zNotes — Lightweight application for notes management with simple interface.
Tomada de notas com stylus
- Cournal — Collaborative note taking and journal application using a stylus. It allows multiple users to annotate PDF files in real-time.
- Write — A proprietary word processor for handwriting.
- http://www.styluslabs.com/ || AUR
- Xournal — Application for notetaking, sketching and keeping a journal using a stylus. Capable of annotating existing PDF files as well.
- Xournal++ — Notetaking software designed around a tablet. C++ rewrite of Xournal with PDF annotation support.
- Almanah — Small GTK application to allow you to keep a diary of your life.
- Hazama — Simple and highly customizable application for keeping diary. There is no calendar but a big list that contains preview of diaries.
- https://hazama.cc/ || AUR
- Lifeograph — Off-line and private journal and note taking application. It offers a rich feature set presented in a clean and simple user interface.
- RedNotebook — Modern journal, which lets you format, tag and search your entries.
- FreeMind — Mind-mapping software written in Java.
- Freeplane — Fork of FreeMind, supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work. The software can be used for mind mapping and analyzing the information contained in mind maps.
- https://www.freeplane.org/ || AUR
- Labyrinth — Lightweight mind-mapping tool, written in Python using GTK, with support for image import and drawing.
- Minder — Mind-mapping application designed for Pantheon.
- Semantik — Mind-mapping application for KDE.
- https://waf.io/semantik.html || AUR
- TreeSheets — The ultimate replacement for spreadsheets, mind mappers, outliners, PIMs, text editors and small databases.
- View Your Mind — Tool to generate and manipulate maps which show your thoughts. Such maps can help you to improve your creativity and effectivity. You can use them for time management, to organize tasks, to get an overview over complex contexts, to sort your ideas etc.
- Visual Understanding Environment — Flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research.
- http://vue.tufts.edu || AUR
- XMind — Brainstorming and mind mapping application. It provides a rich set of different visualization styles, and allows sharing of created mind maps via their website.
- https://www.xmind.net/ || AUR
- MindMaster — commercial mindmap and brainstorm software with modern UI and beautiful template.It also provides online mindmap service and cross-platform sharing.
- GloboNote — Easy to use desktop note taking application. You can use it to create sticky notes, to-do lists, personal journals, reminders and other notes all in one application.
- https://globonote.info/ || AUR
- KNotes — Program that lets you write the computer equivalent of sticky notes. Part of .
- MyNotes — Sticky note application. An icon appears in the system tray and from it you can create and manage your sticky notes.
- Notejot — Stupidly simple sticky notes applet for elementaryOS.
- Notes — Provides you a quick way to paste text, to write down a list of things, to leave a note to your friend, or whatever you had do with Post-It's.
- qtPad — Modern and customizable sticky note application written in PyQt5.
- xNots — Desktop post-it/sticky note system for the Unix geek.
- Xpad — Sticky note application for jotting down things to remember.
Ambientes especiais para escrita
Escrita sem distrações
- FocusWriter — Simple, distraction-free writing environment. It utilizes a hide-away interface that you access by moving your mouse to the edges of the screen, allowing the program to have a familiar look and feel to it while still getting out of the way so that you can immerse yourself in your work.
- PyRoom — Fullscreen editor without buttons, widgets, formatting options, menus and with only the minimum of required dialog windows, it doesn't have any distractions and lets you focus on writing and only writing.
- https://pyroom.org/ || AUR
- Quilter — Focus on your writing.
- TextRoom — Fullscreen text editor for writers.
Escrita de histórias
- Manuskript — Provides a rich environment to help writers create their first draft and then further refine and edit their masterpiece.
- NovProg — Tool to graph your progress in writing a NaNoWriMo style novel.
- oStorybook — Tool for writers, essayists, authors from the draft to the final work.
- KIT Scenarist — Simple and powerful application for creating screenplays.
- Magic Fountain — Fountain syntax editor and viewer for writing screenplays.
- Trelby — Simple, fast and elegantly laid out to make screenwriting simple.
- https://www.trelby.org/ || AUR
Dicionário e thesaurus
- Artha — English thesaurus that works completely off-line and is based on WordNet.
- Gjiten Kai — Rewrite of Gjiten, a GTK Japanese dictionary.
- GNOME Dictionary — GNOME application to check word definitions and spellings in an online dictionary.
- GoldenDict — Feature-rich dictionary lookup program.
- Kiten — Japanese reference and study tool. Part of link quebrado: package not found]. [
- MATE Dictionary — MATE application to look up words in dictionary sources.
- OpenDict — Computer dictionary, which supports popular computer dictionary formats including Slowo and Mova. It also acts as a client for DICT servers.
- QStarDict — Dictionary program written using Qt. The user interface is similar to StarDict.
- sdcv — Command line dictionary. It provides access to dictionaries in StarDict's format.
- StarDict — International dictionary software.
- Xfce4 Dictionary — Search different kinds of dictionary services for words or phrases.
See Language checking.
Tradução e localização
- Apertium — Free and open source rule-based machine translation platform with available language data. It supports the following formats: HTML, Microsoft Office 2007 XML, OpenDocument, TMX, MediaWiki and others.
- https://www.apertium.org/ || AUR
- Crow Translate — Simple and lightweight translator that allows to translate and speak text using Google, Yandex and Bing.
- Gtranslator — Enhanced gettext po file editor for the GNOME. It handles all forms of gettext po files and includes very useful features.
- Lokalize — Standard KDE tool for software translation. It includes basic editing of PO files, support for glossary, translation memory, project managing, etc. It belongs to
- Moses — Statistical machine translation tool (language data not included).
- http://statmt.org/moses/ || AUR
- OmegaT — General translator's tool which contains a lot of translation memory features and can give suggestions from Google Translate. It supports the following formats: HTML, Microsoft Office 2007 XML, OpenDocument, XLIFF/Okapi, MediaWiki, plain text, TMX and others.
- https://omegat.org/ || AUR
- Poedit — Simple translation editor for gettext (PO, POT) and XLIFF.
- Pology — Set of Python tools for dealing with gettext/po-files.
- Qt Linguist — Translating Qt C++ and Qt Quick applications into local languages.
- Translate Shell — Command-line interface and interactive shell for Google Translate.
- Translate Toolkit — Localization and translation toolkit, which provides a set of tools for working with localization file formats and files that might need localization.
- Virtaal — Editor for translation of both software and other text, based on Translate Toolkit. It supports the following formats: gettext, XLIFF , TMX, TBX, Wordfast, Qt Linguist , Qt Phrase Book, OmegaT glossary and others. It can also show suggestions from Apertium, Google Translate, Bing Translator, Moses and others.
Geradores e leitores de código de barra
- barcode — A tool to convert text strings to printed bars.
- iec16022 — Produce 2D barcodes often also referenced as DataMatrix.
- qrencode — C library and command line tool for encoding data in a QR Code symbol.
- ZBar — Application and library for reading bar codes from various sources.
- Zint — Barcode encoding library and command line tool supporting over 50 symbologies.
- gLabels — Program for creating labels and business cards. It also supports creating barcodes.
- QRab — Simply grabs QR code from screen and copies decoded text into clipboard.
- https://qrab.sourceforge.io/ || AUR
- Qreator — Graphical utility for creating QR codes.
- QtQR — QR Code generator and decoder.
- ZBarCam GUI — Simple GUI for ZBar to read bar codes from various sources.
- http://zbar.sourceforge.net/ || GTK: [link quebrado: replaced by ], Qt: [link quebrado: replaced by ]
- Zint Barcode Studio — Barcode generator GUI.