Ahem... it's me again :) About  and  you should be aware of Help:Style#Blank_lines: please do not use multiple blank lines to space out sections, it just produces bad html code (an empty paragraph), while if you think sections need more white space above them, you should request to add more margin-top to <h#> tags on the bug tracker (possibly discussing that first). -- Kynikos 08:49, 2 November 2011 (EDT)
- I even checked Help:Editing before I added those extra blank lines too! I guess I should have checked Help:Style instead. :P To hopefully prevent others from making the same mistake I made, I added a link to Help:Style#Blank_lines on Help:Editing#Line_breaks. This is the diff of the edit I made.
- Would it better to have a discussion about adding more margin-top to <h#> on the forums or on Help_talk:Style? -- Jstjohn 00:32, 3 November 2011 (EDT)
- Help:Editing, Help:Template, Help:Reading and probably other articles now somewhat duplicate Help:Style in some parts, that's something that needs to be fixed.
- About heading margins, try to start a forum thread, it's more likely that web developers will find the discussion. Another solution to increase the visibility of headings may be giving a border-bottom also to h3, h4 and perhaps h5 and h6 ? I don't know...
- -- Kynikos 10:52, 3 November 2011 (EDT)
Regarding , the fact that a redirect is not linked to (internally) is not generally enough to justify its deletion. Unless its title is completely meaningless, redirects:
- can also be used to make articles appear in search results for terms that don't contain their actual title (e.g. searching for "Apache" doesn't show LAMP among the title-matching results)
- are placeholders that help preventing the creation of duplicated articles
- can be used to spell a title with different capitalizations (e.g. to help searches)
- may be referenced from external sources
- may be used in the future to link to the target article if the wording fits a particular sentence better than the actual title
There may be more reasons to keep them, while deleting gives no advantages, as redirects don't pollute wiki statistics :)
- Ah, I forgot about their usefulness for searches and preventing duplicated articles. Sorry about that!
- -- Jstjohn (talk) 05:07, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi, a minor comment on : user signatures are configurable in Special:Preferences, User profile > Signature, so they are not always the default format we are used to. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 10:41, 15 March 2014 (UTC)