User talk:Lahwaacz/LocalArchWiki

From ArchWiki
Latest comment: 26 July 2016 by Alad in topic php importDump.php

Some thoughts

  • Do you intend to also try to "reverse-engineer" the real LocalSettings.php? If yes, maybe it's worth to add an Expansion template for that.
  • With this procedure we could even understand what keeps Pierre from upgrading the installation to the latest stable release, and help him get back on the bleeding edge as we like it ;)

-- Kynikos (talk) 12:55, 2 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

That's one way to utilize the "project", and it's certainly on the list. I just need to make smaller steps, my installation is not even ready to begin testing. Then I guess it is a good idea to create a completely separate installation with separate database for the 1.23 branch, so that returning to 1.22 is possible/easier. It would be even possible to work on both branches in parallel! -- Lahwaacz (talk) 13:26, 2 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]


So far I have been unable to reproduce FS#30825 on LocalArchWiki, the "Printable version" link just works as expected. As the tree is almost identical to the git repo, we can rule out bugs in PHP code and archlinux skin, so only LocalSettings.php and database remain.

Edit: on the other hand, I have not set up any cache yet, so caching issues are another possibility. Except that it does not seem "random" anymore...

-- Lahwaacz (talk) 21:33, 15 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Random notes

I'm just moving here some related notes I was keeping in my Tasks page (I can't paste them in the bug report in this state...):

-- Kynikos (talk) 14:05, 17 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Which caching engine is used on ArchWiki?

Multiple caching engines are supported by MediaWiki, but I can't see any indication on which one is actually used on ArchWiki. I have looked in Special:Version, but unfortunately the information is not given there. Perhaps the API could reveal something?

My current (conspiracy) theory is that it is DBA, because mw:Manual:$wgMainCacheType mentions that CACHE_DBA has been removed in MW-1.23. I don't have any other information confirming or disproving this assumption, but it aligns well with the current situation.

-- Lahwaacz (talk) 16:23, 17 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

You can try to ping Pierre about this... With a bit of luck he will reply :) He may even notice this effort of yours and be encouraged to give more assistance! -- Kynikos (talk) 10:06, 18 December 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Now that The Bug has been closed, we finally know the answer. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 20:22, 20 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]


You mention how you don't assume caching for localhost, but for completeness sake, I wonder how to enable this anyway.

I've installed the extensions by PHP#Caching, and they appear as enabled in phpinfo(). Still the "environmental checks" on installation claim "Warning: Could not find APCu, XCache or WinCache. Object caching is not enabled.". Thoughts? -- Alad (talk) 11:38, 24 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

I have php-apcu and php-apcu-bc installed and both uncommented in /etc/php/conf.d/apcu.ini; I guess this should be added to the page. If I remember correctly the email that I can't find at the moment, this is the setup run on this server. And it is useful for localhost, User:Lahwaacz/LocalArchWiki#Configuration is just about the file cache. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 11:56, 24 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Ah, the part I missed was enabling php-apcu-bc. Works now, thanks -- Alad (talk) 12:12, 24 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

php importDump.php

I seem to be stuck on the php importDump.php command; I'm using the dump from 2014.


  • → Copied over the actual files from the wiki vhost to public_html; my mediawiki install is from a 1.27 tarball




  • This is where I'm stuck...

Note I used the "PublicSettings.php" file from the article (I assume you meant LocalSettings.localhost.php by that) -- Alad (talk) 18:53, 26 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Do other scripts work (e.g. update.php)? I'm still at 1.26.3 and it's a long time since I used this script, but the error seems related to configuration - maybe the famous FunnyQuestions extension will need to be updated for 1.27. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 19:03, 26 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Nope, I get the same error on other scripts.
I noticed that I didn't have FunnyQuestions enabled, so I uncommented the lines in LocalSettings.archlinux.php. I can't find any documentation on it though, so I'm not sure what to put in $wgFunnyQuestionHash = "XXX";. The error is the same, either way. -- Alad (talk) 19:15, 26 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I don't get that. I've just updated to 1.27 and tried importDump.php with a sample from Special:Export, no error. There must be some problem with your files I guess... -- Lahwaacz (talk) 20:19, 26 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]
I've started from scratch, using the vhost files directly instead of an 1.27 tarball. It all seems to work now, cheers. :) -- Alad (talk) 20:54, 26 July 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]