Linked content under "persistent naming and interface renaming" is insufficient to complete the advertised task
The linked content explains how to disable automatic naming, but does not discuss how to configure custom names. I propose one of three changes:
- Update the linked article to include the relevant content.
- Update this article to use likely default names.
- Update the link to go to Network configuration#Change device name instead.
- I just updated the article to incorporate the mention critique. In order for the reader to be aware of the convention I added a note at the top of the article and described all further configuration in the appropriate section. -- Edh (talk) 20:54, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
Planning on rewriting the article
Currently the article is not very structured and misleading at a times
This is the structure I want to create:
- Take care to not duplicate other existing pages related to the topics. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 21:42, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- Well there is already some duplication between IPv6 page and this page. In my opinion this page should be split in two: one for IPv4 and one for IPv6. There is actually very little similarities in routing between. When all the routing stuff from IPv6 page should be moved to new "IPv6 Router" page. Igo95862 (talk) 23:49, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
Acquiring external IP address
Creating local area network
Talk about private IP ranges
Talk about why it is needed
Unique Local Address
Big disclaimer that it is not globally routerable
Steps to determine if your ISP uses SLAAC or DHPCv6 Prefix delegation
DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation
I need help with this one as I don't have SLAAC network available. (only DHCPv6 PD)