|Languages:||English, Bash, Python, and R (as well as a little bit of simplified Chinese)|
Pages I (try to) maintain
I pay special attention to the following pages:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T450s — My primary laptop
- Lenovo ThinkPad T400 — My secondary laptop
- Lenovo ThinkPad T520
Personal style conventions
Blank lines around list items
The point in Help:Style/White space#Generic rules regarding "list items" and "blank lines" does not always apply. The wiki parser will always start a new list in cases where indentation follows an item (e.g., multiple instances of Template:App, code block after a bulleted list). Blank lines should not be removed to "comply" with style guidelines in these cases since doing so will decrease the readability of the wikitext while leaving the wiki parser output unaffected.
Edit summaries for lead sections
Linking to a section in an edit summary is both descriptive and functional. Although prefaces/introductions (aka lead sections) lack section headings,
/* top */ can be used in edit summaries for such sections, similarly to how Wikipedia:MediaWiki:Gadget-edittop.js prefixes edit summaries.
The usage of "this" in/around labels for external links can look ugly. Reword the sentence instead to avoid the use of "this" or resort to auto-numbered links (or auto-linked URLs if the URL is short enough). Using the title of the external link (as you would with wiki articles) may also be an option.
- Good examples
- Bad examples
Quotation marks in English
- Style guidelines
- Help:Style#Command line text
- Help:Style/Formatting and punctuation
- Help:Style/White space — Also has some useful guidelines regarding reply formatting on talk pages
- Help talk:Style#Lists, colons, indentation
- Help talk:Style/Formatting and punctuation#Reference links before or after punctuation marks?
- Keyboard input
- Help:Template#Article status templates
- Category talk:Hardware#State of hardware pages in the wiki