RetroShare – A free software, cross-platform Friend-to-Friend application that offers secure chat and file sharing features.
RetroShare is available in AUR as AUR and AUR.
$ journalctl -f -u tor
/etc/tor/torrc according to the Retroshare-Tor generic *nix manual
3. Create the dir for the hidden service according to the manual
4. Restart tor with systemctl.
5. Find your onion.address according to the manual
6. Start Retroshare and follow the Retroshare-Tor Setup
There is currently no way to migrate an existing non-tor-hidden-identity to Retroshare-Tor. If you already created a user before installing tor you can clean the dot-directory of retroshare with
$ rm ~/.retroshare
First, you have to create new profile. Then you need to explicitly add friends to be able to connect to them. In order to connect to your friends you need to exchange your certificates.
No friends to add?
- Retroshare-Tor: Use this onion chatserver with AUR to find new friends
- Non-Tor (not recommended): Use this clearnet chatserver to find new friends